Finally, my own website...
I already wanted to get this up for a long time. My initial idea was writing (and styling) it all from scratch using the marvelous CakePHP framework along with an authentication system i wrote, dAuth.
However, due to my lack of time I decided to use the excellent drupal platform, of which I'm quite sure will get the job done equally well, while drastically liberating my time, so I can invest it in other projects :-)
Dries Buytaert's talk on fosdem this year really helped on making that decision ;-)
So, what will this site be about?
- my interests
- Free & Opensource software, and the thoughts/ideals behind it
- PHP scripting/programming (I like C(++), bash and j2se too but I'm not as good at it as I am at php)
- Audio recording/mixing/production
- Drumming, one of my greatest hobbies
- Music, bands, movies,... I like
- productivity (TDD, automation scripts, shell/DE tweaks, ...)
- ethics and philosophy, these aspects are really important in my life
- Jeugdhuis SjaTOo, our local youth club
Now let's get started ;-)